Saturday, October 12, 2013
Baba Brinkman
Although Baba Brinkman raps, which is the vulgar tongue of our time, I think that educators should feel the same way about him as Chaucer, because the message is the same. Brinkman utilizes his special talent with words to deliver messages of classical literature to today's society, in a way that most people can understand. In the same way, Chaucer sends a message to the society of his time, in a way that they can understand. I think that educators accept Brinkman's unique works more than the rest of society, because many teens that listen to rap, are not looking for important messages that Brinkman points out. I'm sure Chaucer got laughed at just as much as Brinkman because they are different, and even though they are from different times; society then and now still tends to shy away from "not normal". However, Brinkman may follow the same path as Chaucer and become even more famous and significant after his death.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment