Tuesday, October 8, 2013

entertainment

I would have enjoyed scop performances because they were one of the only few forms of entertainment. The scop performance we watched in class was very intense and the music mixed with his emotion, eye contact, and pauses, really delivered a powerful punch. I don't think most people would like that type of performance, especially people my age, because we are used to very action packed and Hollywood style performances. I think Beowulf loses meaning when it is performed, because parts have to be added to make it lengthier, while parts have to be taken out if they are decided as unimportant. However, the message in Beowulf is best expressed in a simple way, a man or woman who uses their voice, body language, and eye contact to survey the message of Beowulf. That was the original way it was meant to be performed in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment