Saturday, November 30, 2013

I am the Messenger Ace of Clubs

After finding out that the next card is to do something for someone in my family, I immediately knew I should pick my mother.She does so much not only for me, but for my whole family. She had to work on Thanksgiving, but she also had to make stuffing, California vegetables, and crescent rolls for the gathering at my grandma's house. Originally, my sisters and I were going to help my grandma and grandpa all morning because they are getting too old for all the work; however, I convinced my eldest sister that we should stay home and cook while Missy goes to grandma's. As soon as my mom left for work my sister and I started cooking and were finished by the time my mom got home. My mom was so surprised that we cooked. Then she was able to get ready and go to the party with us on time. She was very thankful that we helped her out.
It felt good to help my mom out because she goes over and beyond for my sisters and I. The Marist mark I fulfilled was: Marist students serve. Since, my mom is always serving me and doing things for me, I gave up time for myself in order to do something for her.


No comments:

Post a Comment